Etsy Shop

www.nnvillan.etsy.com

Monday, April 11, 2011

Make it Monday: Thai Shrimp-Halibut Curry Recipe from Bon Apetit

Make: Thai Shrimp Curry 
{Thai Shrimp Halibut Curry recipe source}


     Happy Monday (well I hope you had a happy Monday!). Boy, today felt tragic despite nothing tragic happening.  I've been cleaning the apartment like crazy, and doing laundry all in preparation of meeting my boyfriend's parents. They're actually flying into San Fran airport as I type. As it turns out my BF grew up on the island of Oahu which is super cool because my dad, and his side of the family) is also from Oahu. It feels as though judgment day is sooner than May 12th...anyway the stress is building. PLUS I kept mucking up on a pair of earrings. On the plus side the apt is spotless, there are clean folded clothes in the dresser AND I found a delicious recipe in my new Bon Apetit mag --> today's how to!

   Alrighty then, let's get this party started! So here is the list of groceries you'll be wanting:
Since this is a pretty expensive dish, and I happen to be quite frugal, I changed it up a bit. Beware that the ingredients listed is in the actual mag, and I omitted the ones crossed out. Truth be told it tasted heavenly! Just what I needed at the end of the day.

  •  limes

  • vegetable oil

  • shallots -->used onions instead

  • red bell pepper

  • fresh ginger

  • Thai red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen brand)

  • unsweetened coconut milk

  • fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)

  • halibut fillets

  • large shrimp (8 to 10 ounces)

  • fresh cilantro

  • fresh basil


  • I highly recommend to use fresh ginger, basil and cilantro because they add so much flavor to the dish! Its pretty light and filling. Again, I profusely apologize for not taking photos but it's pretty simple: chop, simmer, and eat! Those are my favorite. So please check out the source link and follow the directions. I was skeptical of the coconut milk but with all of the food (plus white rice) it was just right. 
    The boyfriend really, really, really enjoyed this meal and he's a pretty picky eater so it double pleased me. Please let me know how it turns out if you decide to make it. AND let me know how it is if you decide to use ALL of the ingredients. I still can't muster up the courage to buy the fish sauce and halibut.

    There you have it. Sorry for being tardy but THANK YOU for checking in!
    Yum!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment