Etsy Shop

www.nnvillan.etsy.com

Monday, November 29, 2010

Up-cycled Scarf --> Turning T-Shirts into Scarves

I found these scarves on etsy.com around March this year and fell in love! Of course, I felt the need to make one (of many) for myself.

Being the tiny puff that I am, I needed larger T-shirts. And since I moved back home there are no boyfriend shirts around...so my brother gave me some of his old shirts to shred. It's perfect because my brother has a copious number of old t-shirts. Luckily for me, they are red and green; just perfect for the holiday season!

Unfortunate ex-boyfriend shirts, current boyfriend shirts (preferably ones he doesn't want anymore), and family member's shirts will all work for this project.

The shirts used were small for men. I imagine that larger sizes will yield longer loops.

Here is a great DIY tutorial video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PERn2iLa2eg&feature=recentlik

I present to you my creatures:




Yes, I plan on raiding my brother's closet for more t-shirts. These are just too easy to pass up!