Do you have earrings but no where suitable to hand them?
I've been having that problem.
I usually find a cute cup to dangle them off of, or a plate to put them on. Allow me to present to you an affordable alternative and a more suitable/crafty/personal way to hang your lobely jewelry.
Be sure to email email@example.com to enter to win a FREE pair of earrings! Contest ends Thursday, so enter today!
All you need:
- Inexpensive frame --> I got mine at the 99cent store :)
- Jewelry wire --> $2.99 OR $1.80 with Michaels Coupon. Here is 26 gauge, but thicker wire is also suitable
- Glue gun and glue sticks --> ~ $5
Now, you may be questioning the strength of glue and thin wire but when done properly the glue holds incredibly well.
- Remove glass and cardboard backing from frame
- Plug in the glue gun, insert wire, and cut 3-4 wire strips that are the width of the frame
- This part should be done quickly to ensure stability:
- Select a wire strip and place it on the frame
- The glue gun is ready to use when globs of glue begins to drip from the tip
- Wipe it off and put a glob of glue atop the wire and hold in place until glue cools a bit
- Do the same for the other side
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the remaining strips
- I used a thicker wire gauge for the hanging piece, you can also use string, yarn, ribbon, anything handy you happen to have nearby works. Center it as well as you can and glue.
- Make sure all glue has cooled (a few minutes) and then hang your beautiful jewelry :)
|Make sure the wire is already touching the frame when gluing because hot glue dries quite rapidly.|
|Enjoy your new re-purposed frame and brand new earring holder! And yes, that is a thumb tack.|
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and let me know how yours works out!