Etsy Shop

www.nnvillan.etsy.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

Make it Monday: Make Silver Jewelry Clean!

HAPPY MONDAY! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a lovely Mother's Day celebration. I finally finished reading The Hunger Games Trilogy. I. was. addicted. to those books. I literally read each book in a day. The series is good! A very entertaining read if you're looking for something to read. So please check out The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
     I've also been on a pseudo-stained glass jewelry binge. Here are the pieces I worked on last week:
{Budding Yeast Earrings}
^Those are my new favorite earrings. Mainly because I'm quite pleased with the look, shape and colors. Because they really do look like tie-dyed glass but aren't! Yes...they are definitely pretty neat.
{Blue Algae Necklace}

{Green Algae Necklace}

{Teal Algae Necklace}

     Do you have lovely silver jewelry but are saddened to wear it because it's tarnished? Don't be sad, be glad because here is a quick, easy and inexpensive way to clean your silver jewelry without breaking...well anything!
     I've done this with my mother's jewelry because I'm allergic to sterling silver :( More importantly I can say that this works, from personal experience.
All you need:
  • Aluminum foil
  • baking soda
  • silver jewelry
  • water
  • toothbrush
     I love posting pics with how-to's but since I have none, here is a blogger that gots some. For further information please hop on over to the blog PlanetJune and support her blog. She has good pics and does a good job at explaining the procedure. Plus you can use an old (or new) toothbrush to help scrub off excess junk.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you're able to successfully clean your silver goods. Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your post for Thursday 12th May has gone missing. I know blogger had some problems and I know of one other person who lost something from yesterday too. Hopefully it'll be restored

    ReplyDelete